I am an IT professional with experience in cloud environments, quality of service and network traffic analysis. I love looking for solutions to engineering challenges, share knowledge, and also to share time with my family and the cats.
I enjoy design and evaluation of cloud infrastructure and software solutions, implementation of technical show-cases, demonstrations and proof-of-concepts. At work, the main challenge is to integrate different network and software technologies to provide solution in a wide range of areas, e.g., virtual network functions, machine learning, autonomous driving, robotics and augmented reality.
I am very proud of being a member of highly qualified team who deployed UK first 5G network.
- Advanced user on Linux OS: RedHat, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, Archlinux, Opensuse, Knoppix and others.
- Virtualisation and Cloud Technologies: KVM, Xen, VirtualBox, VMWare, OpenStack, Kubernetes and Proxmox.
- Software Defined Networking: OpenDaylight and Floodlight.
- Cloud Orchestration: OSM and Cloudify.
- Programming Skills: bash scripting, AWK, C/C++, Java, Matlab.
- Web development: Joomla.
- Analysis and processing network data: Wireshark, tcpdump and others.
- Project leadership.
- Teamwork skills, focused on goals.
- Proactive, autodidact and fast learning person.
- Development and implementation of methodologies.
- Ability to meet goals with little supervision.
- Doctor in Engineering, Information Technologies. University of Zaragoza. Spain.
- Master in Informations Technologies and Communications in Mobile Networks. University of Zaragoza. Spain.
- Magister in Electrical Engineering with specialization in Digital Communications. University of Costa Rica. Costa Rica.
- Bacherlor in Electronic Engineering. University Hispanoamericana. Costa Rica.
Participation (under construction)
- INITIATE (The UK Programmable Fixed and Mobile Internet Infrastructure)
- Financing: UK Goverment, EPSRC: EP/P003974/1.
- Participants: King's College London, University of Bristol, University of Lancaster and University of Edinburgh.
- Duration: 2017-2021.
- 5GCAR (Fifth Generation Communication Automotive Research and innovation)
- Financing: European Horizon 2020, No: 761510.
- Participants: https://5gcar.eu.
- Duration: 2017-2019.
- 5GUK (5G Test Network Deployment)
- Financing: UK Goverment.
- Participants: King's College London, University of Bristol and University of Surrey.
- Duration: 2017-2018.
- Wi-5 Project (What to do With the Wi-Fi Wild West)
- The project consortium (Wi-5) will work with industry to develop a novel set of smart functionalities that can be readily integrated into existing solutions and deployed to solve real-world issues with the current Wi-Fi eco-system.
- Financing: European Horizon 2020, No: 644262
- Participants: Liverpool JM University, TNO, Telefonica I+D, Airties, and University of Zaragoza
- Duration: 2014-2017
- Implementation of a QoS-based MBAC for ToIP systems. MBACToIP
- Financing: Orb Telecommunications SL / ARAID Foundation (Government of Aragon) / Social Work IberCaja
- Participants: CPS-UZ
- Duration: 2010-2012
- TelecomSharing is a blog dedicated to the progress of research in the areas of information technology and communications, as well as a space to share experiences on Linux operating systems.
- BlueCat is a Linux-based operating system created for students, academics and scientist in the area of the information technologies.